Orthodox Australia and Oceania News
The following news articles are collected from the following websites:
http://www.greekorthodox.org.au/ Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
http://www.rocor.org.au/ - Australian and New Zealand Diocese of ROCOR (Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia)
http://www.soc.org.au/en/news - Serbian Orthodox Church of Australia and New Zealand
Other news can be found on following links:
http://www.antiochianarch.org.au/News.aspx Antiochian Archdiocese of Australia and New Zealand
- His Eminence Archbishop Stylianos presided over the Great Vespers service at Saints Constantine and Helen at Newtown NSW 20.05.2018
Την Κυριακή 20 Μαΐου 2018, ο Σεβασμιώτατος Αρχιεπίσκοπος Αυστραλίας κ.κ. Στυ...
- His Eminence Archbishop Stylianos welcomed the representatives of the Greek Armed Forces Lieutenant General Nikolaos Christopoulos, Chief of Staff of the Hellenic National Defence Force General Staff,...
Ὁ Σεβασμιώτατος Ἀρχιεπίσκοπος Αὐστραλίας κ.κ. Στυλιανός ὑπεδέχθη, τὴν...
- His Eminence Archbishop Stylianos presided over the Great Vespers at St. Therapon, Thornleigh NSW 13.05.2018
Την Κυριακή 13 Μαΐου 2018, ο Σεβασμιώτατος Αρχιεπίσκοπος Αυστραλίας κ.κ. Στυ...
- His Grace Bishop Seraphim of Apollonias, presided at the Divine Liturgy, at St. George Church, Rose Bay NSW 29.04.2018
Την Κυριακή 29 Απριλίου, o Θεοφιλέστατος Επίσκοπος Απολλωνιάδος κ. Σερ&alpha...
- The Hellenic Presidential Guard visited the central offices of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia 26.04.2018
Ἀπὸ τὴν ἐπίσκεψιν τῶν Εὐζώνων τῆς Προεδρικῆς Φρουρᾶς τῆς Ἑλλάδος τὴν Πέ&mu...
- His Grace Bishop George Celebrated Pascha at Sts Peter and Paul Cathedral Strathfield
On Sunday 8 April 2018, His Grace Bishop George celebrated the Paschal services at Sts Peter and Paul Cathedral Strathfield. Co-served with His Grace where the cathedral clergy, Archpriest George Lapardin, Protodeacon Alexander Kotlaroff and Deacon Michael Storozhev. A photo report is provided below.
- Paschal Epistle of His Eminence Hilarion, Metropolitan of Eastern America & New York, First Hierarch of the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad
\ The Paschal Epistle of His Eminence Metropolitan Hilarion of Eastern America and New York, First Hierarch of the Russian Church Abroad, to Archpastors, Pastors, Monastics and God-loved Flock CHRIST IS RISEN! I express my heartfelt greetings to you my brother archpastors, dear in the Lord fathers, brothers and sisters, on this holy, brightest and […]
- Holy Week at Sts Peter and Paul Cathedral
His Grace Bishop George of Canberra celebrates services from Holy Thursday to Holy Saturday at Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral, Strathfield.
- His Grace Bishop George of Canberra celebrates Palm Sunday at Sts Peter and Paul Cathedral, Strathfield
On Sunday, 1 April 2018 the feast day of the Lord’s Entrance into Jerusalem, His Grace Bishop George of Canberra celebrates the divine services at Sts Peter and Paul Cathedral. Co-celebrating with His Grace were the cathedral dean Archpriest George Lapardin, protodeacon Alexander Kotlaroff and deacon Michael Storozhev. The Cathedral was full with the faithful and the […]
- His Grace Bishop George tonsured and ordained a new generation of clerics for the Australian and New Zealand Diocese
On 18 March 2018, the 4th Sunday of Great Lent, an unusually warm autumn day for the nation’s capital, His Grace Bishop George of Canberra celebrated the divine services at St John the Baptist Cathedral Canberra. This was a special day as Bishop George tonsured and ordained a new generation of clerics to serve at […]
- ST MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL ORTHODOX CHURCH - HOMEBUSH
Last night our parish joyously received His Grace Bishop Siluan for Lenten Vespers served by Fr Miodrag and attended by local clergy. The service was followed with a talk given by Fr Rade on the theme of judgement.
- Inter-Orthodox Vespers of Orthodoxy 25.02.2018
On Sunday, 25th February 2018, 7 pm, at the Greek Orthodox Parish of St. Nicholas Marrickville, His Eminence Archbishop Stylianos, Primate of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia, presided at the Inter-Orthodox Vespers of Orthodoxy, assisted by His Grace Bishop Siluan (Serbian Orthodox Church), His Grace Bishop Seraphim of Apollonia, Priests of other Orthodox jurisdictions and wi...
- Forgiveness Sunday
This gospel is read on the Sunday before the Great Lent, called Cheese Fare Sunday or Forgiveness Sunday and it is the last of the preparatory Sundays. Also, this Sunday is called the Sunday of the Lost Paradise since we remember the expulsion of Adam and Eve from it. Because of their disobedience, Adam and Eve were cast out of Eden. That is the direct consequence of committed sin, that being the ...
This Gospel is read on the second Sunday before the Great Lent, also called Meat Fare Sunday or Sunday of the Last Judgement. That is the Sunday when we stop eating meat, and remind ourselves that God who immensly loves people has also to come as the Judge. During His first arrival He came as a servant. His second arrival is going to be completely different. This time He is arriving in His glory, ...
- Communique 2018 Orthodox Bishops Assembly Oceania