Orthodox Australia and Oceania News
The following news articles are collected from the following websites:
http://www.greekorthodox.org.au/ Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
http://www.rocor.org.au/ - Australian and New Zealand Diocese of ROCOR (Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia)
http://www.soc.org.au/en/news - Serbian Orthodox Church of Australia and New Zealand
Other news can be found on following links:
http://www.antiochianarch.org.au/News.aspx Antiochian Archdiocese of Australia and New Zealand
- The JULY edition of VEMA is available in Greek and English!
Εκδόθηκε το τεύχος του ΙΟΥΛΙΟΥ της δίγλωσσης μηνιαίας εφημερίδας, &...
- His Eminence Archbishop Stylianos presided over the Great Vespers service at Saints Constantine and Helen at Newtown NSW 20.05.2018
Την Κυριακή 20 Μαΐου 2018, ο Σεβασμιώτατος Αρχιεπίσκοπος Αυστραλίας κ.κ. Στυ...
- His Eminence Archbishop Stylianos welcomed the representatives of the Greek Armed Forces Lieutenant General Nikolaos Christopoulos, Chief of Staff of the Hellenic National Defence Force General Staff,...
Ὁ Σεβασμιώτατος Ἀρχιεπίσκοπος Αὐστραλίας κ.κ. Στυλιανός ὑπεδέχθη, τὴν...
- His Eminence Archbishop Stylianos presided over the Great Vespers at St. Therapon, Thornleigh NSW 13.05.2018
Την Κυριακή 13 Μαΐου 2018, ο Σεβασμιώτατος Αρχιεπίσκοπος Αυστραλίας κ.κ. Στυ...
- His Grace Bishop Seraphim of Apollonias, presided at the Divine Liturgy, at St. George Church, Rose Bay NSW 29.04.2018
Την Κυριακή 29 Απριλίου, o Θεοφιλέστατος Επίσκοπος Απολλωνιάδος κ. Σερ&alpha...
- Отошол ко Господу Протоиерей Симеон Кичаков – Archpriest Simeon Kichakov reposed to the Lord
Сегодня рано утром после тяжелой продолжительной болезни отошол ...
- Ukase from the Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia
- His Grace George Bishop of Canberra Celebrates the Patronal Feast of All Saints of Russia in Croydon
On Saturday the 9th and Sunday 10th June 2018, the feast of All Saints of Russia, the Divine services were held in Croydon NSW in honour of the parish’s names day. On Saturday evening, the All-Night Vigil was led by His Grace Bishop George of Canberra. Co-celebrating with Bishop George were priest Simon Nekipelov (rector), […]
- His Grace Bishop George Celebrates the Feast of The Holy Trinity at Sts Peter and Paul Cathedral Strathfield NSW – photoreport
- His Grace Bishop George Celebrated Pascha at Sts Peter and Paul Cathedral Strathfield
On Sunday 8 April 2018, His Grace Bishop George celebrated the Paschal services at Sts Peter and Paul Cathedral Strathfield. Co-served with His Grace where the cathedral clergy, Archpriest George Lapardin, Protodeacon Alexander Kotlaroff and Deacon Michael Storozhev. A photo report is provided below.
- The Serbian Orthodox parish of Saint Naum of Ohrid celebrates its fiftieth anniversary
On Saturday 7th July, the feast-day of the Nativity of Saint John the Baptist, the Saint Naum of Ohrid Serbian Orthodox parish in Broadmeadow (Newcastle) celebrated both its patronal feast-day (or “slava”) – Saint Naum is commemorated on 3rd July – and the fiftieth anniversary of the foundation of the parish.
- ST MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL ORTHODOX CHURCH - HOMEBUSH
Last night our parish joyously received His Grace Bishop Siluan for Lenten Vespers served by Fr Miodrag and attended by local clergy. The service was followed with a talk given by Fr Rade on the theme of judgement.
- Inter-Orthodox Vespers of Orthodoxy 25.02.2018
On Sunday, 25th February 2018, 7 pm, at the Greek Orthodox Parish of St. Nicholas Marrickville, His Eminence Archbishop Stylianos, Primate of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia, presided at the Inter-Orthodox Vespers of Orthodoxy, assisted by His Grace Bishop Siluan (Serbian Orthodox Church), His Grace Bishop Seraphim of Apollonia, Priests of other Orthodox jurisdictions and wi...
- Forgiveness Sunday
This gospel is read on the Sunday before the Great Lent, called Cheese Fare Sunday or Forgiveness Sunday and it is the last of the preparatory Sundays. Also, this Sunday is called the Sunday of the Lost Paradise since we remember the expulsion of Adam and Eve from it. Because of their disobedience, Adam and Eve were cast out of Eden. That is the direct consequence of committed sin, that being the ...
This Gospel is read on the second Sunday before the Great Lent, also called Meat Fare Sunday or Sunday of the Last Judgement. That is the Sunday when we stop eating meat, and remind ourselves that God who immensly loves people has also to come as the Judge. During His first arrival He came as a servant. His second arrival is going to be completely different. This time He is arriving in His glory, ...